Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Home, FINALLY

He's home. Finally. As usual, I'm pressed for time, so I won't post much. Basically, the long and the short of it is this: the arythmia is still a concern, as is the raised heart rate, but they are both "better". He's on medication to help regulate the heart rate, and this will hopefully help the arythmia too. They let him come home but we have to keep a close eye on his vitals, and he has been running a low grade fever that concerns me. But now, at least he's HOME!!!

We go back in 2 weeks to see Dr. L. I guess we'll talk more about what to do if the arythmia hasn't normalized yet. I think I mentioned that the worst case is they'd have to install a pace-maker, but they are waiting to see how the meds do over the course of the next few weeks.

The worst is over, but we still have a lot of work ahead of us. I fear now that he'll feel TOO good, and do too much before he's really ready. But, at this point, if he wants to help clean up my house, then, well, I guess I'll let him! It's amazing how much mail can pile up in a week and half... And how is it that it's already February tomorrow??!! Wow. Time flies when your husband has heart surgery.

No comments: