Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Nothing new 'round here

I'm posting for those of you who actually check this thingy. I'm simply adding that nothing new is happening around here, and frankly, I like it that way. Tod continues to amaze me with his increased stamina (I think he may be 90% back to "normal"), and we are in continued good spirits as well. My family is gearing up for our second annual Outer Banks Beach Extravaganza. Last year, with one notable exception, we all had a blast. And I think my brother had fun too, even given the trauma of the first full day there. This year, I think we will avoid deep waters, and play catch much much closer to the shore. I am so excited about this trip, I beleive I call my Mom everyday to tell her how excited I am...of course, I pretend it;s to talk about "logistics", but really, I'm just using that as an excuse. Besides, I don't think any "logisics" have been worked out, so she must have my number!

I did just get back from a vacation to Iowa. I had a LOT of fun, and I wish I could have stayed longer, but I hope to get back out there soon(ish). Tod was very sorry he couldn't go, so I'm hoping we can road-trip it this spring. I'll post pix when I get some back.

On the adoption front, I try not to crash CCAI's site checking to see if they've posted our LID every 3 minutes. So far nothing. The good news is it looks as though I'll make it to J and A's wedding!! But while I TRY to guess when we might travel, it's just that: a guess. We should know more by Christmas. Until then, just ignore me on this guessing game bit.

I also spent a lovely afternoon lunch with a new adoption pal and her beautiful daughter. I now have two adoption "buddies" with daughters from China...I hope they don't think I'm stalking them!! I am just really keen to get to know them better. It is important to me to meet other families who will be like ours, but I find it is hard at this point to make myself actually DO IT. This lunch get-together was really nice, and I knew she was a great person to get to know, which helped!!

Ok, well, I'm off now. I need to do something that's not sitting in front of the computer!!

No comments: