Here's the somewhat-edited version -
- 12-1-05 - Sent application to CCAI (our agency)
- 12-5-05 - Received the acceptance call
- as an aside here, this is the SAME DAY we found out DH had to have open-heart surgery...
- Early-January - accepted to Home Study (HS) agency
- began HS
- Sent I-600A
- 1-18-06 - Final HS visit (the last of 4 visits)
- 4-18-06 - Drove to Charlotte for fingerprints
- 4-27-06 - Received 171-H (must have been a record!!)
- Early May - Paperwork authenticated, and sent for Certification
- We used a currier service, and received our paperwork back from DC in 7 days.
- 5-23-06 - Dossier sent to agency (whoo-hoo!!)
- 5-30-06 - I FINALLY turn 30!! Now, we're official!
- 6-7-06 - Dossier sent from review to translation
- 6-9-06 - our Dossier is sent to CHINA, baby!
- 6-15-06 - Official Log In Date (LID). The WAIT begins in earnest...***sigh***
- 8-20-06 - Received the Brown Envelope!!
Now, from our LID to our Match, we were told to expect to wait 12 months. Others with the same LID were told to wait 14 months. Eitherway, we will likely wait 4-8 weeks once we are matched with a child until we are able to travel to meet her. We'll spend 10-14 days in China. Until we are matched with a baby, we don't know a THING. After we are matched, we'll get her given name, her birthday, her