Monday, November 27, 2006

Back in the South, Y'all!

I am just posting very briefly to say I am safe and sound back in my home in lovely North Carolina. The weather here is SO much more reasonable than back Home in WV. But, the folks back in WV are nice as can be, so I guess I can't complain too much! Sufice to say I had a nice time, and while Home isn't exactly the same HOME anymore, I still love it.

I also wanted to mention that I received a beautiful towel set (bath towel and hand towel) from my Secret Pal. I did take pictures, but don't have time to post them, so I'll have to post them later. My SP is very thoughtful. And she MUST read my modest little blog. The towels have a flower (for the plant doctor!) on them, and the bigger towel has a flower AND a lady bug (for Baby M!!). Plus the green and pink matches our nursary!!! So sweet, and perfect. I have to say, I have so little for Baby M at this time, everything so far has been not only perfect, but sweet as anything! Thanks tons!!

I also have to post pictures on my X-mas tree. Tod and I (along with my Monster-In-Law) put up our tree yesterday. It is a bit motly, but we love it. More on this later. One thing that did make me smile was that last year we had just started our adoption and I bought an ornament for Baby M. When it came out yesterday I was overwhelemd with happiness. I need to get her one for this year too, which I haven't done yet. My Mother bought each of us (me and my brother) an ornament each year for 25 years or something. When I trim my tree, I get to see each one and follow my years with the ornaments. (Example, one year I was mega into wolves, so Mom bought me a wolf ornament. I was also in the marching band - hey, stop laughing - and I have a baritone ornament... anyway, you get the point!). Baby M's ornament from last year was a simple silver ornament that said "PEACE" and it is hung on a red ribbon. I thought it was perfect. I hope to come up with something equally lovely this year to signify her first December on earth (I THINK she'll probably be born already by the time X-mas rolls around). No matter what, it'll be the second X-mas that Tod and I have been on our official adoption journey...one that began over 4 years ago but couldn't be realized until last December.

I knew the holidays would help us "get through the WAIT", and this year I think the holidays will not only do that, but they will be extra special in many ways. We are coming up on a bitter-sweet anniversary, and one I will never EVER forget.

Anyway, I'm home, and I'm WAY behind on everything, but I'm home!

No comments: