Monday, November 06, 2006

This n That

Just a very brief post. I am still in the midst of my "weeks from Hell", and have about 1 hour "to myself" tonight...I hardly know what to do first: shower, eat, sleep, or catch up on email? Well, I'm catching up on email, as you can (sort of) see. So I thought I'd post briefly.

I don't actually have anything to report. I still don't know what my house looks like in daylight, as I've been comeing and going after hours (or too early!!) for two weeks. Tomorrow (sometime after 9:00 pm) the craziness stops. If only temporarily. I have a professional presentation to give tomorrow, meetings all day, a meeting after my meetings, and then a business dinner...worst of all, I'll miss GG tomorrow night...but I supose I'll survive. I'm taking off Wednesday morning to SLEEP IN and NOT get out of my PJs until well into the afternoon. I plan on sewing, drinking coffee, and listening to the radio ALL damn day. I'm not even going to answer my phone (ok, I MAY answer my phone once or twice...).

Tonight I went to an EXCELLENT lecture by a professor of Cell Biology at Brown. His name is Ken Miller, and he's really really good. He was a star witness in the Kitzmiller vs. Dover case in Kansas last year. Facinating stuff. Made me remember why I love hanging around academic types.

Tomorrow is election day. Don't forget to VOTE!! Remember: VOTE EARLY, and VOTE OFTEN. So, go. Go vote.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to that lecture too! He was great - and it didn't even feel like we had been in there for over an hour. He made science so intriguing. I've been having some long ones too - whew, will be happy when its all over! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Unknown said...

You didn't miss anything earth shattering on GG. It was parents night at Yale and Luke went on a date that ended up being lame.
I have been watching it for years. It seems like it should be just for teenagers, but I was upset when it started up and our stations got switched around. I missed the first couple of weeks.

Susan S.