Monday, December 11, 2006

crazy busy


I haven't been posting b/c I have been INSANELY busy getting our house ready to be sold. That's right. Last week Tod and I found the "house of our dreams", and the same day, chose to get our tiny house on the market. It's a LONG story, but we have to sell our house before we can buy the new one...there's one other offer on the "new" house, and there's a chance we won't get it. BUT, in the mean time, our house is up and out there. I hope it all works out.

Interestingly, Tod and I had been thinking about selling our place and buying a new on for sometime, but we thought we'd wait for about 6-8 months before we went through with it!! But, we happen to find the "perfect" house for us and a mess of kids, sooner rather than later.

I was going to send/post pictures of the "new house", but I'm hesitant until I know more. I'll send/post pix as soon as I feel that we will actually GET the house.

All that said, life has not slowed down any. With x-mas approaching, I've fallen further and further behind on EVERYTHING. Work got 100% put on hold last week (my boss is awesome!), and haven't done anything much except prepare the house for sale. Now, I'm trying to un-bury myself from the piles of "stuff" I need to do. Nearly ALL my social plans were put on hold as well, but Tod and I did take the time Friday to meet with some new friends (also adopting from China with a June LID!!). It was so fantastic to meet like-minded and genuinely cool folks who live near us AND are adopting from China!! We spent over 3 easy housr chatting and we could have easily spent more time with them, but we're all old (LOL) and had to get home to go to sleep. I say this all the time, but I am so lucky to have such great friends. I can't wait to have a HUGE house party to show off the new place. I'll invite all y'all!

Anyway, that's the haps. I'll post more when I actually have something worth posting on!! Meantime, y'all keep in touch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the house. I have only bought one house and havent sold it yet so I have no great advice.