Sunday, December 31, 2006

Grumpy, oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR


I had some fantastic packing help offered yesterday and I took it. We packed like mad, even though I wasn't entirely prepared for the depth of packing...but hey, they were good! So, now, I am sitting in the middle of my all-but-empty kitchen and I am grumpy. My house is a mess, I have exactly ZERO plans for tonight b/c I have one week to finish packing, and I am grumpy. How on earth did I used to move so often?? When Tod and I met, we moved to TN, then, while we were there we moved, I think 4 times. Before that I had easily moved at least once a year all through college...of course, I had a whole lot less shit then, but honestly, I'm totally HATING this move and I'm only moving 1.5 miles away!!!!

I guess the good news is we're there to stay for a while too, so I guess that's good. And, moving IS good to help get rid of a bunch of crap. Also good. Ok, I'm feeling better already. Now, back to packing for me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By my own reckoning, you actually moved 10 years in a row -- Every May, AT LEAST, for 10 years. I know coz I got to help each of those times. Boy, am I glad you "settled down"!

Nesha said...

Yeah, that's pretty much right, however, add in the EXTRA move or TWO that one year (1999)...and the extra 2 the year AFTER...ICK!