Monday, December 18, 2006

TG- We've found a home

Ok, so after a VERY long weekend, we can fortunately report, WE HAVE A HOME! Tod and I "accidentally" sold our current home without actually having a home to move into...We were told not to expect to sell our little house at this time of year. I mean, who buys a house at Christmas?? Well, a lot of folks it looks like. We had the first two people who looked at our house offer to buy it. In fact, the first folks didn't even look at it, not in person anyway! They only saw the pictures on line and had their agent look at it!!! Amazingly, it took them 24 hours to put in a very reasonable offer to us. At which point, we needed to find a place FAST. So, we did go back to the first house we looked at (pictures will be posted AFTER I sign the contract today!!). It's a lovely home and in a wonderful neighborhood. I can't wait to post the pics.

So, the next few weeks will be rocking busy. We close on both places on the 8th of January, so we have to pack our brains out! Fortunately, the house we are buying is empty (and clean!), so we we have the option of moving some "stuff" over there before we actually close on it. Meantime, well, things are NUTS!!!

I'll make sure to get everyone my new address (especially my very important secret pal!!!), but again, I want to finish the paperwork before I make it "officially" our new address!!! Oddly enough, we're only moving about 1.5 miles from where we live now, but the change in neighborhood dynamics is HUGE!!!

Ok, enough. I've got paperwork to get back to and packing to finish!! Anyone what to help out? You have my number!

4 comments:

GGHadden said...

Congratulations on selling your home so fast!!! Wow, your Holiday season is going to be VERY busy.

GGHadden said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GGHadden said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nesha said...

Note: I only deleted the comments 'cause there were 3 posts of the exact same comment, not b/c the poster said anything rude!!