Thursday, May 24, 2007

Clarification

So, I've had a bunch of comments both on and off post about adopting form 2 countries at once. Here's the scoop:

It's (technically) up to your China agency. Some agency's will say NO CHILDREN (be they adopted, or bio) while you are in the process of adopting from China through them*. We are fortunate that our agency is not one of these. There are some rules that apply (they want 6 months between children, but basically if it's only 4 or 5, they aren't going to NOT allow you to continue with the China program!), but also, our second agency (our VN agency) also wanted the "ok" from our China agency. So, it CAN BE DONE, but generally, your agency's have to be on the same page.

Then, and here's our biggest thing, you have to be able to AFFORD it. Vietnam is differnt from China and the costs are roughly the same, but they come in bigger chunks. Next year could mean trips to Vietnam AND China for us, and I guess you will be able to watch the smoke roll off our credit cards, if that's the case!!

I've been emailing a few of you folks about this process, if you have questions, or want to know more specifics, please, feel free to email me personally, or simply drop me a comment and I'll get back to you!! (Besides, I LOVE COMMENTS!!)




*I know of one large China only program that has this as a hard and fast rule. There are others, but I only have heard first hand about this one.

1 comment:

PinkDevora said...

I'd like to ask you some questions. Can you email me please?