- it seems that about half of the agencies were told the wait will reach from “two to three years” and the other half were told from “two and a half to three years”. (To me, the important number here is that they are acknowledging the wait could reach three years.)
- Many agencies are reporting that we’ll be at a two year wait when we finish 2007. Several are reporting it will happen before we finish 2007. Several report that the CCAA will be referring some of the December 2005 families in December 2007. (RQ note: All of these could mean something slightly different, but they all point to the same ballpark.) (as an aside, we are LID of June 2006...which puts us at a referral in 2008 at the soonest...)
- One agency reports the maximum wait will be 2.5 years.
- The CCAA is currently referring 600 to 700 babies per month.
- Backlog figures: total dossiers received in 2006 were around 30,000. Total dossiers received January through May of 2007 were around 10,000.
On a POSITIVE NOTE: I received a wonderful package last night in the mail from my super awesome Secret Pal. I'll post pix (and a response to the letter inside!!) later this weekend. Stick around, folks. The fun is just beginning!