Thursday, June 14, 2007

Tomorrow - ONE YEAR


Tomorrow, June 15th, we are LID to China for one full year. What can I say? When we started, we were told the WHOLE PROCESS from DTC to referral should only take about 9-10 months with travel 2 months later. No joke, friends of ours only waited 6 months to referral just 9 months before we go our DTC. In that time, the wait has grown to historical highs...with no end in sight. (Yes, I'm bitching. But hey, it's my blog!! I can do it all I want!!) However, the ONLY bright spot in this lousy situation is that it has allowed us to pursue our second adoption. We had ALWAYS discussed 2 adoptions, but we thought that we would be pursuing another China adoption AFTER we brought Baby Magic home. Unfortunately, I can not have total control over my life. As I am reminded regularly...

So, while we are distressed that we are still waiting for Baby M (who at this point isn't even born yet), we will be able to bring home our second child (who will of course, technically be our first). I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we are very happy to be adopting from Vietnam (and I'm beginning to feel less guilt over this), but we are sad to still be at least 12 months away from Baby M. Hang in there, Darlin'!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I did try to email you with no luck...here is my email...

jennyfward at yahoo DOT com

Unknown said...

COngrats on 1 year!!!! Hope you dont have to wait long for either of your babies..I know its hard