Thursday, July 26, 2007

sewing therapy

I'm just checking in to say howdy to everyone in blog land. I've been absolutely swamped with work these days (as I spend 90% of my time in the summer doing field work!) and I have been away from my computer. Forgive me if I own you an email...or a phone call...or a visit...or anything. I've also had a lousy couple of days at work.

So I went home and sewed ALL DAY. I completely pieced a new baby quilt!! It was the best therapy! It also helped me "connect" with the new baby. I already have like 3 quilts for Baby M. But they are HER quilts. I haven't thought much about making anything for the new baby. Again, I think b/c I am still not feeling connected, and still feeling a little guilty... but this quilt is our first for the new baby, and it was the perfect thing for my yucky work day.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

hi, nesha - just checkin in b/c it's been awhile, and i'm so glad to see all your updates! and yes, you have a very cool secret pal!! it sounds like things are just rolling along, and i'm very happy y'all are over that CIS hump.
about this post - what a perfect way to spend the afternoon:) speaking of which, i still have your fabric square. would you like one for both babes? i have enough fabric...
what are you up to saturday?? i'll be gone all day tomorrow, but dh is closing saturday, so let me know if you'd like to visit.
if i don't see you, have a great weekend!