Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My little man is 4 months old today

Ah, instead of having to whine about how long our dossiers have been logged in, I can focus on the positive!! My little boy is 4 months old today... He's been in my life for 25 days already, and it is amazing how my outlook has changed for the better. AND it gives me a LEGITIMATE reason to shop for "stuff" (although to be fair, I haven't actually bought but 2 outfits!! I'm waiting until I get another weight and size check-up!!), AND we're slowly putting the nursery together.

On a related note, I think that while the new CIS regulations are a pain in the ass, our issues seem to be minor... notice I said SEEM... as I've mentioned before, our agency and program directors are in VN right now trying to smooth the transition for those of us waiting to travel (or in our case, likely smoothing our appointment dates, so that we can GET our travel dates). I've already filled out the additional paperwork (just when you think it's over!!) and sent it off to our agency. I'm anxiously awaiting the 5th of November when our directors get back from VN!! By then, we'll know what these new regulations might do to travel dates, if anything.

Also, I'm likely going to be off-line for a few days (although, I WILL post weekend pictures! Have no fear!). New Orleans calls. We leave on Sunday and are gone for a full 5 days. Tod and I haven't had a proper vacation since the summer before last, as we've been saving our money and sick-leave anticipating travel to Vietnam. This is a business trip for me, but I'm staying in the nicest hotel there, and plan to spend A LOT of time "relaxing". Tod's coming too, and while he has work he has to do while there, I think we can work in some fun!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Interesting. I haven't heard anything about CIS changes. Anything I need to know relative to China?