Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Slight VN set-back....UPDATED

Well, I wish I had better news to share, but as with everything in my experience (related to adoption) things NEVER EVER go the way we expect. Let me explain:

We were told by our agency that we were on the cusp of the cut off for the next batch of referrals. (This was in August), so I was UBER positive that we would be in the next batch and was so sure that October would be a good month for us (i.e. we'd get our referral!). I can't imagine why I was so damn positive given how shitty our experiences have been thus far, but anyway focus, Nesha, focus... Anyway, I just found this out from our agency today:

We received a group of referrals in late August and another group last week. We do not know if we will be getting any additional referrals before the end of the year, though we are, of course, hopeful!


Ok, so while THEY are hopeful, I'm not anymore. Mainly, I'm so SICK and TIRED of waiting...And I'm sure Y'ALL are sick and tired of hearing about it!!! The only good news is that we should almost certainly be in the NEXT batch of referrals... when ever the $%&# that is.

As a brief aside, I JUST got this this second (After I wrote to say how bloody annoying this waiting is...ok, I didn't say that. I simply said how I understand the program is fluid, and you never know, blah blah blah...

"it’s not that we are not expecting any more this year; it’s that we don’t know for sure...and I don’t want to give our families expectations that cannot be guaranteed. Please do not take provided time frames as set in stone, as (as you said) the process is fluid and cannot always be determined much ahead of time."

No comments: