Tuesday, December 11, 2007

And I cried

Through a wonderful twist of fate, you know how life comes at you so fast sometimes, I met a wonderful family who was adopting from China...then they changed programs and adopted twin girls from Vn. I've known J for about a year-ish? and just this weekend I was able to spend some quality time with her, her girls, her husband, and some other wonderful ladies also adopting from Vietnam. It was so wonderful to be around other people who understand my story, a story we all share in one way or another, to see their pictures, and to share the burden of the Wait/Weight. Also, through these ladies, I found another person whom they all have in common but wasn't at the gathering. Today I went to her blog, and found out the most wonderful thing: Her daughter and my son are form the same orphanage. Also on her blog was this U-tube clip (see below). I watched it and cried. Minute is living there with those beautiful children. This is his orphanage.

I'm happy, I'm sad, I'm overwhelmed. I miss my son so much I ache, and I have never even met him. But unlike his birth mother, I will meet him soon, and watch him grow up. I am sad for his family in Vn who will not have that opportunity. I am sad for the children I have to leave behind in his orphanage. Anyway, this is me being melancholy today. So check this out, and go hug someone you love.

3 comments:

R&H said...

Hi!
Just thought I'd let you know that there is also a yahoo group of Tam Binh parents-search google for Yahoo Groups Tam Binh and it should come up. Let me know if you need the link.
Also, my friend Laura just spent time at Tam Binh 1 and 2 and took tons of pictures of the children.
Her blog is lilystory.com. I have been able to send 3 packages to our daughter during the wait from referral to travel and have had other families stop in and take pictures of her. The orphanage is always clean and the children are well taken care of.

Jenny said...

We meet in July 06 at karens house.
crazy, 1.5 years.

I am glad you found another Tam Binh family. I call anyone who came out of my girls orphanage their brothers and sisters. Such a lovely and heartbreaking connection.

We will all have to get together again when everyone is home.

Emily said...

nesha,
finally found your blog!
it was so nice to meet you. and i am thrilled you and heather connected. heather is wonderful!
hoping that we both get approvals SO soon!
emily