Thursday, February 07, 2008

Bog stalking - AGAIN

Well, I had a lovely hour with some other Vietnam-A-mamas today. I am always hesitant for a few reasons, the biggest one being that I don't really fit in. I don't have my baby yet. I don't know anything about the process (really!). I also know nearly nothing about kids. These ladies are so much fun, and their girls are soooo cute; I'm never sure how to act. However, it is very important to me to get to know these ladies (and hey, I like them!!), since SOON I WILL have a baby. And I'll be right there talking about formula, walking, and teething. Until then, it's so nice (but it does make me a little jealous) to get to spend some time with these really great ladies - and their BEAUTIFUL girls.

So, I went back to my office after our time together, and began blog stalking again. I think it's almost time to start thinking about packing, planning, and getting last minute stuff together. I ran across another family (a local family, actually) who got their travel approval in 27 days. 27!!! They leave very soon, as a matter of fact. We got our start-the-wait-date when...? Like the 4th? That would put us traveling in early March. For some reason, I've been thinking the end of February, but that's so unlikely at this point. But I could be more than pleased with March. Especially EARLY March. (Although if anyone out there has a say in this - PLEASE make it FEBRUARY, ok? I can pack fast if necessary!!).

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hey girly. I don't even feel like I fit in because I btdt soo long ago now and everyone is all excited and I am in the mama drudgery. I think you are very nice, I get your vibe and like you always feel like, um??? I am actually quite shy in groups of folks I don't know. And the girls keep me soo busy I didn't have much chance to talk. Anway, what I am saying is I completely understand what you are saying.

You do need to get your Sh*t together and pack though!!!

Love the nursery btw. The crib is alot like the girls.