my Mom sent this to me and I liked it enough to post it here. If you haven't seen it, it's worth a read. I agree with this idea of friendship WAY more than your average person, I bet. Anyway, for you friends out there:
Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good,
But never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises
that actually speaks of true friendship.
1. When you are sad -- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against
the sorry bastard who made you sad.
2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.
4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.
5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse
it could be until you quit whining.
6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.
7. When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you are well
again. I don't want whatever you have.
8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.
9. This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end.
'Why?' you may ask; 'Because you are my friend'.
Friendship is like peeing your pants,
everyone can see it,
But only you can feel the true warmth.