Thursday, March 13, 2008

WARNING - FOUL language imminent

Ok, I feel the f-bomb ready to drop, folks. I'll do my best to keep the post readable, however, you HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Also, as another "read the fine print" note: this information came from our agency. It is not meant to be distributed into the "public" so please, don't post anything that is obviously not my ramblings anywhere else. When we get our letter, I'll post the whole fucking thing and you can post away! For now, please respect that this is a "private" post for your eyes only.

So, just this very second I received a note from our agency (who, BTW, is WONDERFUL, and I can not say enough good things about). It states that they have been told, as have other agencies, the hospital where my son was born "have prevented the US Government from conducting an inquiry* to the status of (insert my kid's name here)". And ultimately, they go on to say that this "interference could result in a denial of (our) petition" (not letting us adopt the Minute, basically). They go on to say that we should "consider other options...including, but not limited to withdrawing our petition".

Seriously? WHAT THE FUCK, people? Hello! Wake up, CIS. Think about what is fucking important here. Is it you bullying these people into believing the US is a great and magnanimous country that must be kowtowed to OR ELSE, or is it the BABIES WAITING TO BE ADOPTED AND THE FAMILIES WHO NEED TO ADOPT THESE BABIES????!!!!!!!!!!

Our agency told us

  • that they won't let CIS get away with this, and we WILL NOT LOSE our referrals. and
  • they are doing everything they can to rectify the situation (and I really really believe them) (more on this tomorrow possibly)
But something that came out yesterday in the conference call, and I can't remember if I mentioned this or not in my post yesterday, is that basically CIS would PREFER that NO ONE adopt from Vietnam. IF they can make it SO VERY PAINFUL (as they obviously have been), then no one will a) stay in the program, or b) WANT to adopt from there anymore. Ok, can I refer you to the above statement AGAIN? WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT, this is for you bastards at the CIS in VN, WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT?

I cannot think about this anymore right now. I'm emotionally exhausted. I'm also so angry I could eat nails. If I had someone to punch, I'd actually do it.

* What this means is that our US government - CIS - wants to waltz into the hospital, bother hard working people, question and threaten anyone they want on ANY TIME FRAME THEY WANT, and if they are asked politely to NOT bully nurses, doctors, and residents, then CIS packs up it's toys and goes home to complain that they were "prevented from doing the inquiry". Keep in mind here that we have the hospital's official paperwork on Minute's case, on his abandonment, and even the policeman's name who found him, filed the reports, etc. So I KNOW CIS has this same paperwork. They just don't "trust" it, and wants to do not ONE but TWO "field checks" on the case. Like after 8 months they are going to come up with anything they didn't know before!

4 comments:

K said...

I'm sorry this is happening. I hope you hear something positive soon.

Nay said...

I am so so sorry you are having to deal with all this. I know now we all must come together and pray for you, your husband and baby 'M'. It's going to take divine intervention to get baby 'M' home.

I truly enjoy keeping up with your journey. I pray it will be over very soon and we can begin to watch and hear about him growing up with the two of you.

Just know that we will keep you all in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Are you going to call into the prep meeting on sunday for our group going to see 'that' congressman tuesday? Drop me an email if you want.

Emily said...

ok, now i see what exactly is going on.
nesha, i want to go kick CIS' butt for you.
i trust in your agency. they are great.
we are thinking of you.
emily