Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Quickie*** updated

Have been forum-stalking looking for something, ANYTHING that is good news. What I found:
(and I pulled this off one of my forums, apologies for the person whose post I swiped it from, but I also don't want to put her name here since I am not asking her permission to use the quote)

"There are some events that are happening this week that may produce some results or at least new information."

I am clearly desperate for information, and this is as good as it got. There was plenty of negative stuff out there, but I'll not post that 'cause it sucks.

Rest assured, when I hear something; you'll hear something!

*** We just heard this from our agency: We've been told that there is a meeting on May 10th by "important people" - people who might actually have the power to change things - to specifically address the "Tu Du" situation". They don't know if anything will be resolved (and it likely WILL NOT) but, at least this is a positive step forward.


For those of you who I haven't actually explained this to yet, or are still unsure what the "Tu Du" situation is, here's a brief explanation:

Families who have children from this specific place are being "blocked" from completing their adoption b/c of some sort of paperwork "disagreement" between the USCIS (our government) and the VN government. Keeping in mind, it is VERY MUCH a stupid turf war, and they are behaving like two 8 year olds fighting over an X-Box controller. EVERYONE else is getting their paperwork processed and their adoptions are moving forward. It's just us "lucky Tu Du families" who are at a complete stand-still. SO - it's a HUGE thing that we have something, ANYTHING, happening on May 10th.

I need to add here that I am in no way a supporter of one of our senators , HOWEVER, it is her office, and no one else's that has been making waves that are ACTUALLY WORKING to move things forward in a positive way. So, for that, I say thank you, Senator (and your staff).

No comments: