Tuesday, July 15, 2008

the talk indeed went well

Ok, the talk went great. No one fell asleep, and they asked a few good questions. I've made some new friends, and I managed to do the talk (an hour long!!!) and not screw up. In fact, everyone told me it was great. Thank god it's over. I have another one at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow, but this one will be a little more challenging as it is for the TOP golf course supers in the entire country (all except my Aussie Hottie. He won't be there as he's on vaca, but I meet up with him next week). So, we'll see how they like the talk. Get this, they are throwing a BBQ in my honor (a "barbi"). Sadly, I won't get to eat a damn thing they have to offer me. So far, I've had about 50 success with the meals I've been served. I'm not starving, but living carefully on what I can get (mostly white rice, fresh veggies and fruit, and as much coffee as I can get). There are always sweets to eat, but so far I haven't had any. I'm afraid of blowing up like a fat balloon!! I did take a run yesterday (yay for me!) and hope to get another one in today.

My hotel is quite nice, and I'm staying right down on the harbor along with 140,000 singing, dancing, praying youth groupers, so navigating the groups is always tricky. I haven't been out in the city yet today, but have a plan to go to the zoo tomorrow with one of my new admirers. If I do manage to get there, I'll take lots of pictures and have some fun stuff to show you then.

I've also been having trouble getting online, so sorry if the posts are all over the place. I have to type FAST before my connection goes out!!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

wow - what an adventure already. loved getting caught up today. i'll check back for another episode soon. :) xoxo