Saturday, January 03, 2009

Minute Man feeds himself...




My Mother (AKA Big Mama) has encouraged me to allow MM to feed himself. My therapist also said it was a good idea, so on the advice of the two omen I listen to most in my life, I have begun allowing my little critter to "feed" himself. Now, he's been finger food-feeding himself for ages, but I'm talking using a spoon and/or fork and sticking it in the bowl/plate, and shoveling the food into his face... all without the help of yours truly. I told my therapist that my biggest "issue" with this was that he makes a HUGE mess. She said (as my Big Mama did) "well, so what?". So what indeed.

I have become better about letting MM feed himself, and do it with more than just foods that don't make a mess... case and point; DH grabbed this little gem at breakfast the other day... The Minute Man is feeding himself, his shirt, my shirt, his face, and the two dogs sitting below us that you can not see.... BUT, he loved it. And so what if he made a mess, right? We jumped right into the shower and all the yogurt came right out of my hair after all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funnier than the messiness on Minh's face is the look on YOUR face!! C'mon, it's not all that bad, is it? I can remember when you used to happily cover yourself in mud from head to toe (LITERALLY). My,my, how things have changed!!

Unknown said...

how precious