Monday, June 26, 2006

Out of town - a little heavy

So, Tod's ancient grandfather (97!!) is dying and not expected to live the rest of the week, so we traveled to D.C. to have our final visit. I won't go into it, but sufice to say that Opa is not dying because he's sick. Or because he has heart problems. Or because he's got high cholesterol... He's one of the very few people left on this green earth that is actually dying OF OLD AGE. Last week he pulled his feeding tube out and told the doctors to "bugger off". He's at peace with his God. He's ready to die. (And I am a big supported of the "Right to Die" movement, under specific circumstances. In this case, it seems so much more humane to allow the family to gather around the bed and have the doctor give Opa something to allow him to "sleep" and never wake up, RATHER than him starving to death, which is how it's playing out since they won't let him ask the doctor's to help him die peacefully...but that's a whole 'nother topic I won't go any fatgher into). Anyway, that's why I haven't been around to post.

On another depressing note, this morning while I was reading some other Blog's related to China and I ran across this Blog that somehow put everything into perspective. Now, I can't read more than a few posts without getting annoyed, ticked off, or basically just asking WHY??!!! but if you are feeling rotten about your life, and you want to have everything put back into perspective, check out her blog. I Don't know her, but I don't hink she'd mind my posting it here. She'd like the attention. (As a side note, this has NOTHING to do with China or China related topics).

Ok, with that, I'm out to go to work. It finally stopped raining long enough for me to get something done.

No comments: