Friday, September 08, 2006

Joys of owning an older home, part deux

Ok, so not so much fun. Our hot water heater went out this week. It's been going for sometime, but we just noticed that it had rusted out this morning...which lead Tod to turn off our water...all day. My guess is it's not coming back on tonight. Not fun. To make matters even more complicated (ok, WORSE, to make them WORSE), his mother is in town. How much fun is that??? (ok, so this last sentence doesn't exactly translate well as sarcasm is lost in print, but are you feeling my pain??!!).

We are also the proud parents of (wait for it...) a baby squirrel. I actually have a photo of it "nesting" in an interesting place, but I'm too lazy to dig out the memory card. I'll get around to it tomorrow. It' s really cute, but man it wants a lot of attention and food. I went to work today with milk splatters on my shirt. I suppose I should get used to it, huh??

(Disclaimer I am being forced to type this next part...) Though it all I can count on my good friend Phil.... (ok, he's gone, I can go back to making faces at him... very mature, I know).

Anyway, I'm grumpy and can't shower....I'd make faces at ANYONE right now....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fabulous timing...to have it rust through at the exact time Babs came to visit. Just proves she was right about your purchasing a home. How nice of you to let her score points.

HOpe you've got some hot watewr back on tap now.