Thursday, March 27, 2008

Still hanging tough

Ok, so, I've been pretty busy. I've been trying to cultivate my sense of "letting go" and have been living in my skin in a fairly happy way. I had that funny "happy" feeling again yesterday. Had a long but productive work day, and spent some time with good people around me. I still have very little desire to talk to anyone, and really don't care if I have any social plans this weekend (which to date, I do not). And most importantly, I am staying away from the whole VIETNAM "thing". I read two friend's blogs so I can see their beautiful girls and remind myself that it WILL HAPPEN, and I've gotten my letters to my congressman and my 2 (republican) senators in the mail...but I can't really do anything else. We are on day 59 of the 60 day wait. All we've heard is what I posted last week (that abominable letter), and I expect to keep waiting. However, a friend recently emailed me to remind me she got her travel approval (TA) on day 61 or so. So I guess we COULD get it any day, but I'm not counting on it. I've moved my expectations to May. I just hope we travel before my son turns a year old. I've also stopped putting off making plans in the future. I did turn down a work trip to Scotland, but accepted a trip to Arizona. My boss is awesome, as I've mentioned before he's an adoptive parent to a daughter from Guatemala, and is very comfortable with our jacked-up time line. I am SO FORTUNATE. I just don't know how people with "normal" jobs and micro-managing bosses would deal with this situation.....

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend this weekend. I've even got an appointment to get a massage and facial. Maybe I'll go get my nails done too. Take some time for myself...What a novel idea.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I have stopped turning down work trips as well. Heading to San Fran in June. I still have not brought myself to make summer vacation plans yes. I really had my heart set on it being a family of 4.