- Fred Nerk - your "generic" imaginary person, "oh, right. I suppose Fred Nerk did it." - hey don't ask me, I just listen and put them down. I don't actually make this up!
- galah - silly person (I catually got called this last night by AH and had to ask what he was calling me!)
- get a wiggle on - hurry up
- gob - mouth (as in "shut yer gob!")
- knackered - tired, exhausted (this actually has 2 meanings, I'll leave the 2nd one off)
- nuddy, in the - naked
- ooroo - goodbye
- pack of poo tickets - toilet paper
- pisser - very funny (this is a fav around here - "Oi, Mate, that story's a pisser".)
- pong - bad smell
- settle petal - relax
- she'll be right - every thing will be ok (funny story about this. This is one of the quintessential Aussie phrases here, and the blokes were teaching me some of these the other night at the bar, so I used this at the end of my talk the other day and had everyone laughing so hard!! I guess it was funny to hear me with my slight Southern accent say "She'll be riiight, Mate." The boys loved it!)
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
More Aussie to English
OMG - Someone actually said "ooroo" to me today as I was leaving a meeting with them!! They really do talk like this. And UP, remind me, I've learned some good "naughty" words that I will refrain from putting on this site, but you WANT TO KNOW!!